PROCEDURES FOR ABSENTEE VOTING
Absentee Ballots Available May 5, 2022
Step 1. Applicant must fill out an Absentee Voters Ballot Application (SFN 51468). Applications can be obtained 1 of 5 ways:
1. Ballot Applications can be printed off the school’s website. (click here to access)
2. When you fill out the application from the McLean County Auditor’s office, if you check the box marked school election the McLean County Auditor’s office will forward your application to your school Business Manager, Susan Davis.
3. Form SFN 51468 is also available on the North Dakota Secretary of State’s Office Website. (click here to access)
4. A request to mail form SFN 51468 will need to be made by calling Business Manager, Susan Davis, at 448-2365 or 1-701-351-7647.
5. Stop by the Turtle Lake-Mercer School Business Manager’s office and pick up the application.
North Dakota law requires that voters submit a completed application in a timely manner so as to allow the applicant to receive, complete and mail the absent voter’s ballot before the day of the election.
No ballots will be given without application return.
Step 2. Applications may be returned to the Turtle Lake-Mercer School District Office using the following methods:
A drop box will be located outside Entrance 2 at the Turtle Lake-Mercer School Classroom Addition.
Stop by the Turtle Lake-Mercer School Business Manager’s office and return application.
By mail to the following mailing address:
Turtle Lake-Mercer School, PO Box 160, Turtle Lake ND 58575.
Step 3. Ballots and returned envelope will be mailed or given directly to applicant. All information must be filled out on the return envelope or your ballot will not be counted.
Step 4. Ballots must be returned to the Turtle Lake-Mercer School Drop Box no later than Monday, June 13, 2022 by 5:00 PM, or by mail postmarked no later than June 13, 2022.